Maini’s Mind is a collection of articles on photography. There are techniques and suggestions to improve photography, occasional reviews, tips and tricks, as well as random thoughts on various aspects of photography.
- Helping a friend (camera purchase) - Photographers are frequently asked by non-photographer friends to help them finalize a camera. As it so happens, the same request was made to me by a friend of mine. He seemed very enthusiastic with the idea of owning a DSLR. His enthusiasm spread to me too and we both embarked on the quest to get […]
- Capturing Sun-rays - Sunlight that appears to look like rays in a landscape, is very attractive to look at. These rays can add the magic to even the simplest of landscapes, transforming them into works of fine art.
- Extremes of Weather - Cameras are an expensive purchase for most. It is therefore natural for us to worry about the effects of weather. Let me put your mind at rest. The cameras are built to withstand a huge range of weather conditions.
- Tripod – using it efficiently! - Tripod is one of the best accessories to have if you are interested in stabilizing your camera. Here are some tips to get the most out of your tripod.
- Mountain Stream & Long Exposures - In the midst of the spell of cold weather, there was a day with clear weather and good sunshine. What more could a photographer in me ask for? I packed my camera and tripod and visited a nearby mountain stream. My purpose was clear. I wanted to capture some motion blurs.
A complete list of my writings is available here – Index of Articles
My articles are mostly my thoughts related to photography. They are greatly influenced by how I visualize images and photograph them. My writings are also based on what photographers usually ask me or what visitors to this site want me to write about. English is not my first language or mother-tongue but I write articles in this language so as to reach out to more and more people.
For me photography is a medium of expression. A photographer is always a student and so am I. Everyday, I am learning new things, seeing the world in a different way. I will be happy to help anyone who wants to join me in this wonderful quest.
This is me. I am a photographer and a photography coach for many. I do not own expensive cameras and I love creating photographs using whatever camera I can lay my hands on.
Photography has been a love affair for me which has kept touching my life every now and then. I have started writing recently. If you like my articles, do keep checking back from time to time. If you want me to focus on any specific topic which I have not yet covered, get in touch with me. I take time out to read each and every message that reaches me.
If you want to contact me: Contact Form
You can read about my journey into the wonderful world of photography here: Starting to Blog
For a quick look at my photography – Dr. Shivam Maini’s Gallery
As pointed out earlier, once again I am directing you to my complete list of writings – Index of Articles
Disclaimer, Disclosure & Donations – Click Here