Maini’s Mind is a collection of articles on photography. There are techniques and suggestions to improve photography, occasional reviews, tips and tricks, as well as random thoughts on various aspects of photography.
- Silhouettes - Silhouette is an old art-form that is used to move emphasis to shapes and outlines. Origin of Silhouettes is a matter of debate, with some theorists going all the way back to vanished civilizations. My first serious encounter with silhouettes was when I saw some photographs by Henri Cartier Bresson where the main subjects were […]
- Tricks to using long teles - With advances in optics and mass adoption of photography in the digital era, high focal length lenses or telephoto lenses have become very affordable. Every enthusiast and many accomplished photographers now venture out into genres like wildlife and birds, and enjoy these long lenses.
- Old friends and photography - Friends come and go. Some stay for long. Others become sweet memories. Some others fade away. Today I was sitting alone in the morning, on a high vantage point, gazing at the rising sun, fog clearing up and a shining river in the center. I was planning to capture some photographs. The time spent with […]
- Helping a friend (camera purchase) - Photographers are frequently asked by non-photographer friends to help them finalize a camera. As it so happens, the same request was made to me by a friend of mine. He seemed very enthusiastic with the idea of owning a DSLR. His enthusiasm spread to me too and we both embarked on the quest to get […]
- Capturing Sun-rays - Sunlight that appears to look like rays in a landscape, is very attractive to look at. These rays can add the magic to even the simplest of landscapes, transforming them into works of fine art.
A complete list of my writings is available here – Index of Articles
My articles are mostly my thoughts related to photography. They are greatly influenced by how I visualize images and photograph them. My writings are also based on what photographers usually ask me or what visitors to this site want me to write about. English is not my first language or mother-tongue but I write articles in this language so as to reach out to more and more people.
For me photography is a medium of expression. A photographer is always a student and so am I. Everyday, I am learning new things, seeing the world in a different way. I will be happy to help anyone who wants to join me in this wonderful quest.
This is me. I am a photographer and a photography coach for many. I do not own expensive cameras and I love creating photographs using whatever camera I can lay my hands on.
Photography has been a love affair for me which has kept touching my life every now and then. I have started writing recently. If you like my articles, do keep checking back from time to time. If you want me to focus on any specific topic which I have not yet covered, get in touch with me. I take time out to read each and every message that reaches me.
If you want to contact me: Contact Form
You can read about my journey into the wonderful world of photography here: Starting to Blog
For a quick look at my photography – Dr. Shivam Maini’s Gallery
As pointed out earlier, once again I am directing you to my complete list of writings – Index of Articles
Disclaimer, Disclosure & Donations – Click Here